Many comes to me with the question
“Which is the best mutual fund I can invest to get a good return?” and then when I ask what it means by good return? everyone gives different answers.
Now, this brings me how can I generalize and present it for everyone, but I don’t get one answer for it, so I decided to blog about Mutual Funds which I generally like and suggest based on several parameters to all my clients.
- By no mean you should go and start investing in below suggest funds, these are the recommendation from my side, you should always check with your financial advisor and choose MF’s based on your Risk Profile / Return Expectations / Time to Hold / Goal to Achieve etc.
- I always advise to invest in the Direct Plan, but all these funds are good with Regular as well as Direct option.
- Always go for Growth Plan for compounding to take place.
Let’s go by categories
Large Cap Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 3 years plus)
- Axis Bluechip Fund
- Mirae Asset Large Cap Fund
- Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund
Large and Mid Cap Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 5 years plus)
- Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund
- Invesco India Growth Opportunities Fund
- Axis Growth Opportunities Fund
Mid Cap Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 7 years plus)
- DSP Midcap Fund
- SBI Magnum Midcap Fund
Small Cap Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 10 years plus)
- Axis Small Cap Fund
- SBI small cap fund
Hybrid / Multicap / Flexi Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 5 years plus)
- Parag parikh long term equity fund
ELSS (Tax Saving) Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 3 years lock in)
- Axis long term equity fund
- Mirae tax saver fund
Dynamic Asset Allocation / Balance Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 3 years plus)
- ICICI Prudential Balanced Advantage Fund
- Edelweiss Balanced Advantage Fund
- HDFC Index Fund – Sensex Plan
- UTI Nifty Index Fund
- HDFC Short Term Debt Fund
- ICICI Prudential Short Term Fund
Corporate Bond Funds: (Minimum time to hold: 3 years plus)
- Aditya Birla Sun Life Corporate Bond Fund
- IDFC Corporate Bond Fund
With the above funds in mind I have not described my rationale for choosing these, but if you are looking for investments and wanted to make/review your portfolio, please get in touch with me with below medium given in below post.
In this article I have not covered Thematic / International / Gold Category which is getting very famous lately, I will plan to write a separate post for them.
Happy Investing 🙂