I am someone who will shamelessly clone if it helps me in improving my life. Derek Sivers has had a huge impact on me. He writes short and succinct actionable ideas that act as directives. I thought it makes sense for me to create my own set of directives while mostly cloning from the Derek and others.
How To Thrive In An Unknowable Future
- Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.
- Expect disaster
- Hold enough cash and buy enough insurance
- Own as little as possible (I am hopelessly failing here)
- Choose opportunity, not loyalty
- Choose the plan with most options
How To Live Longer
- Exercise everyday
- Avoid sugar
- Stand more than you sit every day
- Fast frequently
- Sleep at-least 7-8 hours
- Avoid addiction – smoking, alcohol, drugs
- Get your body checked up frequently
How To Live Miserably
- Play status games.
- Seek your immediate desires.
- Never have enough money in the bank.
- Focus on short term vs long term.
- You buy everything instead of renting.
- You disregard simple financial advice.
How To Mess Up Your Finances
- Spend more than you earn.
- Borrow to pay for your expenses.
- Avoid insurance.
- Speculate vs. invest.
- Never learn the basics of personal finance.
How To Live A Great Financial Life / How To Grow Wealthy
- Create multiple sources of income.
- Live below your means.
- Diversify your assets.
- Hold enough cash and insurance.
- Compound for decades.
- Invest in what you understand.
Contrarian Living is now on Youtube. If you want to learn with me about personal finance, life and productivity, subscribe 🙂