Author: Vibhu Arya

Vibhu has previously worked in India, Middle East, South East Asia, and China across banking, e-commerce, fintech, varied payment types, remittances, and blockchain.

Alternate & Multiple NPCI’s: RBI’s $95 Billion Bonanza for Audacious Indian Fintech Startups

Reading Time: 3 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here Background India’s RBI regulated financial sector is, by the banks, of the banks, and for the banks, wherein the industry body, Indian Banks Association (IBA) enjoys enormous collective bargaining power and unless once-in-decade events like bank promoters turning rogue occur, RBI rarely […]

America’s TikTok Nationalisation: Global Internet Economy’s New Normal

Reading Time: 4 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here The Nationalisation of TikTok TikTok USA is used by over 100 million Americans for entertainment, self-expression, and connection. Donald Trump, President of America, has given a 45-day ultimatum to Bytedance, TikTok’s Beijing headquartered parent company, to completely sell off its American business […]

India’s Video Apps: The Great Game 🔥

Reading Time: 2 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here India’s TikTok Ban has left a wide vacuum and Indian startups are competing to fill the void. Early days, early numbers. Not the time to anoint a winner. May the best product win. Mitron Started before the China App Ban, it soon […]

4 Reasons: Jio remains a Telco.

Reading Time: 4 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here —————————————————————————————————————— Reliance, parent of Jio has delivered world-class and world’s most economical, $0.26 per gigabyte (GB) priced 4G VoLTE service in India. Jio deserves credit for executing the herculean task of laying telecommunications hardware across India for catalyzing India’s ongoing information […]

Abolishing India’s ‘Data Zamindari’ – 🇮🇳’s Proposed Non-Personal Data Authority

Reading Time: 5 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here —————————————————————————————————————— Every time, we Indians, the 500 million internet-addicted people, fire up our phones to use ‘free apps’ for bombarding contacts with sometimes unverified clickbait WhatsApp messages, Google search our illness symptoms before visiting the doctor, watch trailers on YouTube, thoko a […]

Abolishing India’s ‘Data Zamindari’ – 🇮🇳’s Proposed Non-Personal Data Authority

Reading Time: 5 minutes PS: I write a weekly post on India Internet, subscribe here👇, previous essays here —————————————————————————————————————— Every time, we Indians, the 500 million internet-addicted people, fire up our phones to use ‘free apps’ for bombarding contacts with sometimes unverified clickbait WhatsApp messages, Google search our illness symptoms before visiting the doctor, watch trailers on YouTube, thoko a […]

The USD 30 Billion Sale-&-Leaseback of India’s Internet Economy (1/2)

Reading Time: 5 minutes I wrote this for BusinessWorld, & reposted it here. Sequel (2/2) here . In case you missed the previous essays, simultaneously posted in BusinessWorld(BW) & Rediff (R) The India-China App Warfare (BW) Credibility As A Service (BW) The USD 30 Billion Sale-&-Leaseback of India’s Internet Economy 🔥 (BW) (R) Securing India’s Internet Economy 🔥 2 […]

Our Digital Footprints: Credibility As-A-Service

Reading Time: 3 minutes At Snapdeal-FreeCharge, I heard from Kunal (Shah), his early symphonies on consumer psychology, habit formation, design, trust and growth flywheels, now widely disseminated on his massively followed social media handles. Kunal is the founder of Cred. Lot has been talked about Cred, mostly rhetorical observations on valuations, business model and their recent neumorphic design. Here […]

The India-China App Warfare. – (+91) India Internet Insights

Reading Time: 6 minutes 10% Indians speak English as their first, second or third language. Remainder 90% converse in Indian languages – consultants, venture capitalists and experts have christened this category, Bharat. Hard-to-swallow truth, the 500 odd Chinese startups in India, build for Bharat, some exclusively for Bharat, alone. Let me explain further: 1. There are three country-of-origin, consumer […]

Back To Top